Our Family Department is looking for a secretary to join our team for two days a week at our firm offices in London.
- To deliver exemplary secretarial services covering a variety of administrative and legal support duties as assigned.
- To work closely with all team members and Department EA/Senior Secretary to ensure an efficient, proactive and professional ongoing service.
- To provide a personable point of contact for all external parties, particularly the firm’s clients.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Deliver general legal secretarial admin, such as file opening, billing and file closing etc.
- Format legal documents to approved SMB standard and style.
- Provide high levels of customer service on all requests and projects.
- Manage and communicate with internal key stakeholders as needed.
- Ensure all clients have a positive experience on point of contact and that any requests are swiftly communicated to the relevant team member.
- Prioritise key tasks and advise time to achieve.
- Manage and communicate on multiple requests as needed; keep people informed about progress.
- Ensure any issues arising are communicated to the relevant team member and promptly addressed.
- Offer a proactive approach to problem identification and possible solutions.
- Provide ongoing management of team members’ diaries and Outlook calendars as directed;
- Organising various internal and external meetings.
- Room bookings, refreshments as required, IT equipment etc.
- Assist with setting up meeting rooms for large meetings and events as needed, across teams.
- Sort travel arrangements for the team as needed for both UK and international travel.
- Take minutes of meetings if requested and ensure these are distributed promptly.
- Manage telephone, voicemail, out of office and email messages for the team when they are not available, responding or redirecting as necessary.
- Coordinate conference calls, Zoom, Teams etc for the team, as required.
- Distribute documentation internally and externally, electronically or hard copy.
- Ensure all team electronic and hard copy filing is managed in a timely and efficient manner, in strict accordance with firm procedures.
- Delegate large copying/printing jobs to Office Services team as needed.
- Agree time to produce.
- Be responsible for ensuring delivery of job.
- Assist with cover for Reception and other departmental PA’s during holidays or busy periods, if required.
Business process support
- Support Department EA/Senior Secretary with the ongoing management and reduction of aged WIP & debt, liaiasing with Heads of Department/Fee Earners and Credit Controller as needed.
- Draft invoices for review.
- Work as needed to improve the department’s financial performance against targets.
- Proactively assist and manage the team’s IT queries/issues, including liaison with internal IT support and the Software Training & Application Advisor (and if necessary, the firm’s external IT provider).
- Ensure the team is aware of any planned changes.
- Support in the timetabling and delivery of any required training within the team.
- Assist the Fee Earners with preparing Court bundles/Client bibles or other client-related work where capacity allows and where chargeable hours are recorded.
- Support Department EA/Senior Secretary on project implementation as requested.
If you are interested, please send your CV to Charlotte Quant at email@example.com.